Wednesday, December 14, 2011

When the dead walk

Now I'm going to change paces a little bit to discuss my current obsession, zombies. I spent the better half of last week reading the entirety of The Walking Dead series and then watching all the episodes of the show based off of it. After spending so much time focused on heroics and villains it's nice to take a step back and enjoy something completely different. The Walking Dead makes great use of realism and horror to pull you in and hooks you on the last page of every issue so it's hard to put the series down. The television show also does a fantastic job of this. Everyone can relate to at least one of the survivors which makes the series so enticing. For me the characters take on a life of their own and it's especially hard when they are trapped in a post apocalyptic world where they could die at any second. If you've ever wanted to get into comic books but find that superheroes aren't so much your thing then I would more than recommend you give The Walking Dead a try. The books are released once a month and the television show airs every Sunday on AMC. If you are just tuning in the entire first season is on Netflix instant and the second season will come back from mid-season break in February (I CAN'T WAIT THIS LONG)

No comments:

Post a Comment