Friday, October 28, 2011
Comic conventions
One thing that is huge to the comic book fandom is conventions. I have never personally been to one (not yet at least) but I have heard they are incredibly fun. This is where fans, artists, and companies all meet in a convention center. Artists and companies have booths where they sell merchandise, art, announce upcoming events and promote their product. Some fans dress up as their favorite comic book characters. Most fans will simply attend to get the chance to meet celebrities, artists, and spend time with other fans. The biggest of these is the International Comic Con held in San Diego (which I plan on attending in July). They not only promote comic books but movies and television shows. There is a smaller convention held in Kansas City called Planet Comicon. This won't be held until March, however. It will be at the Overland Park International Trade Center. For more information check out www.planetcomicon.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment